Thursday, March 5, 2009

Monkey Business

I finally got a picture of a monkey. I have seen them quite a few times (none this close to my house) but never had a camera. Here is a monkey that is contemplating whether or not to sneak into my house and see if there is any food to steal. Friends have had them open windows to come inside and eat bananas, fruit, bread, baby formula, and eggs. Here, people don’t put their eggs in the fridge, so the monkeys come and drop the eggs on the floor and eat the yokes that have spilled out. I guess they are quite messy and leave smashed bananas and broken eggs on the floor. To deter monkeys from coming inside, people keep plastic snakes near the windows and squirt them with water. This monkey must be female since the males of blue balls. (and I am not joking about this one...I’ll try and get a picture to prove it!)
Look at how sneaky...trying to hide behind the leaves...I think that my big muscles scared her away.

Not the most 'lady like' picture for a girl. Did her mom not teach her any manners?