Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hluhluwe-Imfolozi #3

Here is a picture of me at the entrance to the game park. I tried to get a 'local' rate, but since I don't have a South African ID I had to pay the international rate.

A map of the park
I love those stripes!

Yes, it was that cold...I did need a hat, scarf and gloves to keep warm!
There is a lion hiding in the bushes. Can you see him? Neither could I.
This giraffe is checking out the zebra with the huge white stripe. Supposedly a lion attacked the zebra but not enough to kill it. So, they called in a vet to keep the bugs from eating up the wound. They usually don't call in vets, they let nature run its course. I am not sure why they did in this case.
Buffalo
Here is a male and female buffalo. The males have thicker horns and the females have thinner ones.
Here is a pregnant baboon. The hemorrhage while pregnant because the baby is using up all of their internal space. It looks disgusting.
Here is a picture of a hyena. It was getting dark so the picture didn't really turn out. They are very strange looking in person.
We saw tons of rhinos.
We even saw a rhino giving birth (not this one.)
A dirty warthog